Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March 5

I am writing from an airport lounge in Baltimore as I wait for my flight to Arizona. The snowstorm that is about to hit the mid-atlantic bumped up my plans a little, as i was supposed to fly out Wednesday.  Thank you to United Airlines for switching my flight with a smile and no fee.  I was quite impressed with their professional service and think they deserve a shout out.

Anyways, yesterday Angela got Mom into the wheelchair and took her for a tour of the facility, which she hadn't seen yet, other than her room.  They then sat outside for a bit to enjoy the beautiful Az weather.  As Angela described, it seemed for a moment that we were wrong, that she wasn't as bad as we thought,since here she was acting normal!   But then Mom got tired, and the nasuea set in, and she spiraled back down.  Each day she seems to decline.  I am glad I am getting out there today.

I'm not sure when/if mom will be able to go home.  They need to make sure she's in a condition that we can take care of her, first.  Hopefully we'll have some more answers this afternoon.

I will make sure that whatever comments that are left on facebook or on this blog will be read to here.  I love reading your memories of Mom, and how loved she is by you.  I know that she will be sorely missed by all.

I will try to update tonight when I have seen the situation through my own eyes.  Until then, thank you for the prayers, love, and support you have shown.  We are truely thankful.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Susie,
    It's Kaci. I haven't seen you in ages. Just wanted to say hi and I love you. Thanks for being there for me when I was so lost. Most of all, thanks for setting me up with Carlos. At first I resisted, but you were right. I don't know where I would be today if you hadn't done that for me. I owe you for bringing me Carlos. Oh, and thanks for being my friend when I was 10 years old too. I needed a friend then as well.
    Hugs and kisses,
    Kaci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sweet Susie!!! I will love you forever!!! You are such an amazing woman, I cherish all of my memories of you and am very thankful that you are a part of my life!! Love and big hugs to you!!! Jill Bullard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, I'm not sure if I knew your mom. I am a graduate of PBCC but 2002. One of my instructors Barbara Hammaker made a post about prayers for your mom, I followed the link. I just feel like reaching out for two reasons. I hate cancer, ok 3 reasons. That was #1. #2 I live in San Tan Valley, AZ about 12 miles from Gilbert. I work up in Mesa. #3 I lost my brother to Pancreatic Cancer October 13, 2011. He was only diagnosed in April of that same year and was inoperable. The treatment only seemed to make him worse. It was so sad, he was just 49. Gosh I'm just so sorry your family and your mom is suffering. Perhaps the only beautiful thing about a disease like cancer is KNOWING you only have a short time. Say EVERYTHING. Don't leave yourself with unanswered questions or comments. I had my brother pick out a tattoo for me to get, a mixture of his favorite New York Mets and The Grateful Dead. This way I see it every day as a memory for him. We also, this is silly but, we created a code word. Unique to only him and I. This way if some "psychic" claims to speak to him, we have a code word so i can call BS or know it's the truth!
    I wish you guys peace and comfort, especially for mom.
    Marion Lowe

    ReplyDelete